Thursday, August 16, 2012

I have had mixed results with my medicine so far.  So, I have good news and bad news.  The bad news is that my "episodes" have gotten worse when I have them.  I have had a couple of days when I've had my adrenaline/cortisol rushes and they have been brutal.  The first one happened Saturday night, August 11.  It lasted for three or four hours before I passed out.  It was also more intense than the episodes have been in the past.  The second one happened the following evening and lasted about five hours.  That one was the worst I've had so far and scared me more than anything.  My husband and oldest daughter also got very scared with that one.  I was passing out on them and couldn't control myself.  They had to put me in the wheelchair to get me back and forth from the bathroom.  I don't remember all of what was happening because it was very intense and I was not in control of anything.

The good news is that I have had some positive results from the medicine also.  I was also to go out with my kids and grandkids to the lake on Saturday, August 11.  I think that may have been why I have the bad episode that evening, I overdid it.  I was enjoying being out and having all my kids together.  I have also had two days and nights now when I have not had episodes at all.  I have been tired and still had some speech and brain issues, but not the adrenaline/cortisol rushes that take me out and make me pass out. 

I go for blood work tomorrow and then back to the endocrinologist on Tuesday to see how the cortisol level is doing.  He will adjust my medicine from that.  I went to see my regular physician on Tuesday.  He took my blood pressure twice himself.  He said the first time that my blood pressure was too good and he had to recheck to make sure he had gotten it right.  So in more good news, the blood pressure medicine is working again and my blood pressure seems to be under control and in a very good range.  All in all I am still very hopeful and optimistic about my health and surgery.  I know my new surgeon and his nurse are knowledgeable about Cushing's Syndrome as well as about the adrenal gland surgery.  That makes me feel so much better to know that they know what they are doing.

No comments: