Wednesday, August 8, 2012

We have a definate plan now.  I am on 100 mg of Ketoconazale per day now.  This is to help with my cortisol level.  It is also supposed to help with weight loss.  I am somehow losing weight now and am very excited and happy about this.  I was at 340 lbs. at my highest weight.  I currently an down to 325 lbs.  My doctors have set a goal of 300 lbs for me to be able to have my surgery and remove the adrenal gland.  I am going to work my hardest to meet that goal.  I go back to my endocrinologist in two weeks for blood work to make sure the medicine is not hurting my liver.  Since my liver is so enlarged I am not supposed to lose weight too fast or it will hurt me.  So I am on a diet eating mostly fruits and veggies but making sure to get protein and fat in there also to help stabilize my body while my liver shrinks.  I am also supposed to get up and walk as much as possible.  This is difficult since my muscles will seize up on me and not want to work, but I am pushing forward and making them work a little harder to make progress and get myself back into the world of the living.

My surgery is set for September 26.  That gives me 6 weeks to lose weight and hopefully be in better shape.  It also gives the doctors time to get my blood pressure and blood sugar levels under control.  I am trying to not stress out about things as much. Just to let life happen and know that I am going to get through this all.  This is a crazy time of year.  The kids start back to school next week.  My oldest daughter is going into her senior year of high school.  Middle daughter is going to be in 4th grade.  My son is starting kindergarten.  I can't believe the time has flown by so quickly.  Where did summer go to? It seems like just yesterday they were getting out of school for summer break.

My husband and I just celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary.  I am so blessed to have him in my life.  He takes such good care of me.  He is the rock that stands beside me when I am falling apart and I am so thankful for him.  My oldest daughter is my other rock.  We have been through hell and back and I would be lost with either of them.

No comments: