Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I heard back from the neurologist office today.  They were under the impression that I was inpatient at Barnes Jewish already. That is why the doctor said he could see me.  I guess he is the one in charge of consultations with all inpatients.  So, they advised me to go to the Emergency Room at Barnes Jewish when I am having my symptoms and he will be called to consult.  Otherwise, I have to wait until November to be seen in his office.  The new plan is for my husband and I to go to St. Louis on Friday and go to the Emergency Room.  I know the trip, any long trip, will make me have an attack and without my medicine it will be bad.  That is a 4 hour trip for us, so I will be ready for the ER when we get there.

I just want to figure out what is wrong with me.  I want to be able to be as healthy as possible.  I know this is a long road to recovery for me.  I just have so much I want to do.  I am trying to be as positive as possible.  My adrenal gland surgery has been rescheduled for November 7.  I just need to have all the other illnesses and symptoms figured out before then so my surgery can be as safe as possible. 

My family is being incredibly supportive of me and I cannot thank them enough.  I know this has to be frustrating for them also.  My 6 year old son is starting to get scared.  He gave me lots of hugs before he went to school today.  It breaks my heart that my children have been through so much in their lives already.  My dad was sick for two and a half years before he passed away in 2008.  My first husband, the kids dad, found out he had Stage 4 Kidney Cancer a month after he turned 36 and died two and a half month later in 2009. My mom has had numerous strokes and been sick.  She is scheduled for thyroid surgery October 10 to see if she has cancer.  My oldest daughter was hit by a car in 2010 and broke her leg in 4 places.  My son broke his arm sliding at preschool last year.  My middle daughter had a tumor removed from her face in 2011.  Luckily it was not cancer.  Lots of illnesses.  We are ready for some normal.  The bright spot in all of this was me finding love again and remarrying in August of last year.  I love my husband so much.  He is a wonderful husband and step father to the kids.  We have been blessed with him in our lives and we are thankful.

No comments: