Sunday, October 14, 2012

I just want to say that coupons are a wonderful thing.  I have saved a lot of money by looking up coupons for my medications.  Last month I saved around $150 on prescriptions by looking up the drug company and finding discounts.  They changed my medication and put me on two new insulins when I was released from the hospital at Barnes. So, we came home and the prescription were going to be $120 to get insulins and syringes.  We had the pharmacy call the doctors, got prescriptions changed to the flex pens so we didn't need syringes. Plus I had found coupons for flex pens so we saved $95 on insulins this month.  I also have two coupons for next month already so the insulins will be for free.  I got a call from Liberty Medical a couple of days ago.  I had filled out a survey online and said I had diabetes.  They are sending me a new smart meter, and three months worth of test strips, alcohol wipes, the pen needles I need for my insulin pens.  All paid for by my insurance, they already have it approved.  And they are sending me a cookbook for diabetics.

I look for every chance I can get to save money.  Being sick is very expensive and we didn't have a lot of money to begin with.  With me not being able to work it makes things even tighter.  Trips to St. Louis with the four hour drive each way, gas for that, and motel stays when I have extended stays in the hospital add up in the money department fast.  I am very grateful when I find ways to save money and feel like I am contributing positively instead of taking away from our finances.

I'm very concerned because I can feel the tumor in my right side.  The doctors said I shouldn't be able to feel it.  I looked up the symptoms of adrenal gland cancer and that is one of the symptoms.  I think of worst case scenario and then hope for the best.  I loaded some new pics of myself over the last few years. There has been a big transformation.

No comments: