Saturday, October 20, 2012

Yesterday was a very long day.  12 hours round trip to St. Louis and then back to Springfield.  Pre Op appointment took about 2 hours.  I was exhausted after we got home.  But luckily for me, since I was just released from the hospital on October 4, they didn't have to do any labs.  My surgery is hopefully set for October 31.  I am still apprehensive, but optimistic because of all the other cancellations.  I was told by a nurse that Dr. Brunt, my surgeon, is the best on the planet.  She says she works on the floor where he does surgery and that he does this kind of surgery on a routine basis.  I will be in the hospital approximately 2 - 3 days.  It will depend on how my labs go.  With me having so much trouble getting my blood sugar under control it might take a little longer in the hospital.  I am ok with that as long as this surgery goes and I can start recovering.

I was very determined today to go through the stuff in my storage shed.  With help, I was able to get through most of it before I went into total collapse.  Now, after I rested a little, I am feeling a little better.  I have been trying to do more, it is usually just so hard because of my body and the constant aches.  The adrenaline rushes really do me in.  I am so tired from my body feeling like it is running a race ALL the time.  I don't know if I'm ready for the adrenaline to be gone or not though.  I hear it is a major withdrawal and you feel like crap.  So, I'm sure there is a down side to getting through the tunnel and to the healthy side of life again.  I think I am ready for this challenge.  I am going to face it head on and hope for the best.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving.  I am hoping to feel better by then.  One of my daughters has a birthday the day after and will turn 10 years old.  My kids are growing up so fast.  Can't believe the oldest one graduates from high school in 7 months.  She is my rock and my support.  She helps me out so much.  I hear parents complain about their teenagers and how horrible they are.  I have one of the best teenagers on the planet.  Yeah, we have our moments and get into it from time to time.  But I would not be able to make it through my days without my daughter.  She is one of my best friends and I love her so much.  I am very proud of the young, beautiful woman she has become.

No comments: