Saturday, March 14, 2015

Checking in with the doctors.....

I keep regular appointments with my doctors. I see them very often. Fortunately, I have been doing well enough that I see my family doctor about once every three months. My endo is a little more complicated. I had worked up to where I was only seeing him every six months as long as I check in and see his Physician Assistant every two to three months. That was when I was doing better. In the last few weeks to month my blood sugar has decided to not stay in control anymore. I think this is due, in part, to my activity level increasing. My pain management doctor put me on a new medicine. I am on a Butrans patch that I change once a week and I also take Suboxone twice a day. It is a strip that dissolves under my tongue. So, pain is under better control and I am up and functioning more. It is liberating to be able to stand for longer periods and do my dishes or laundry or even be able to take a shower without needing a nap afterwards. I still get tired, but not as tired and not for as long. I am finally making progress.

Now comes the trouble. Since I am up and moving more my blood sugar has been all over the place. First it will be too high.  So I will take my insulin, drink my water, and do some household chores or go to the store. Then, I crash!!! Grocery shopping is an absolute nightmare because I have crashed the last two times I have went shopping. It has been a disaster. Luckily, my mom and kids are with me so they save me. But my numbers keep bouncing up and down and all around. I have to find some way to get this under control again. In addition to this I am having new symptoms. I can be totally awake and with it one minute. Then next minute I am out like a light. It's been happening to me a lot at night. Then I will wake up again and be fine. I will be dizzy and my head feels weird, but otherwise fine. I've also been having seizure like symptoms when my bs numbers get too low. I certainly hope I'm not starting to have diabetic seizures. I guess only time will tell.  I've also started gaining weight again, but just in my middle. I've had an increasing numbers of headaches and migraines lately. Blurry vision, or barely being able to see sometimes also scares me. I hope I'm not having a recurrence of Cushing's. I'm trying to move forward and get better. NOT take steps backwards and get worse or new illnesses.

I start therapy next week. I hope it will help me work through issues that I have. I am also hoping I can learn some relaxation techniques so I'm not so stressed all the time. Getting help with my anxiety attacks would be another good thing. I'm looking forward to a bright, beautiful life. March 26th I have three very important appointments. I see my eye doctor at 9:30 am. I will have my diabetic checkup and see what is going on with my eyes. Maybe he will be able to see if there is a real problem or just some symptoms when my numbers are screwed up. At 11:15 am I will see my family doctor. I will talk to him about excessive bleeding in my stools again. Not all the time, but enough times to worry me. I will also talk to him about the dizziness and light headedness. Then, if he doesn't have the answers for me, I will be seeing my endo at 2:00 pm that day. I'm hoping by the end of the day I feel better by at least having some answers. Figuring out what is going on with my body will be a big relief.

My kids and I are looking toward the future. I have a new man in my life. He is a career Army man. Has been in the Army for 28 years. He is currently stationed in Turkey doing some work against terrorism and ISIS. We talk online through messenger and emails. We have quickly become friends and enjoy talking about the future. Our hopes and dreams have a lot in common. We enjoy a lot of the same things and dream about most of the same things for our futures. I believe this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

No comments: