Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Diabetes is evil.......

I had a pretty good day. I cleaned my house thoroughly... Something I haven't been able to do in a very long time. Before my surgery the thoughts of cleaning my house were merely a dream. I couldn't do it. My body hurt too much and I was in way too much pain. I have slowly built myself back up to where I can do it though. My body still aches from the fibromyalgia and other problems I have, but it is tolerable now. I so enjoy cleaning house now. I know that sounds strange, but I appreciate all I can do now. It means I am alive and actually living my life. Pain or no, I am moving and able to do things.

My blood sugar was really strange yesterday. stayed in the 100's or below all day. It was controlled or so I thought. I went to my son's grade school performance last night. It was a really cute performance. Multiple songs about making good choices. All the kids did a really good job. 2nd and 3rd graders are very cute. Anyway, I went grocery shopping afterwards. I had just started out in the store and I started sweating profusely, shaking, confused, head ache. I knew what was happening. Sent my daughter to the register for a Coke and a candy bar. Tested my BS and it was 70. For me that is low and I start having bad symptoms. Got the Coke and candy bar down. Got finished shopping as quickly as possible. Hard to checkout while you are crashing I found. Made it home. Put away groceries. Ate some protein. Got the kids ready for bed and passed out myself. Thank God for my mom. She was here with me and stayed the night to help me. I am so blessed. She is my rock and a wonderful support system for me. Pretty much the only support system I have left. Of course, I have friends and family. Just not many of them that know the extent of my illnesses nor have they been there for me like my mom has. She is there for me every step of the way. I love my mom so much. We have had our differences throughout my life, but whenever the chips were down she has ALWAYS been there for me.

No comments: