Monday, July 16, 2012

It's hard to not get discouraged. I'm trying my best but the medical community is frustrating me greatly right now.  I know between the Cushing's Syndrome and the tumor on my adrenal gland that I will die if I don't have surgery.  I don't know when, but I know that Cushing's is fatal without treatment.  Yet it doesn't seem like the doctors are in any hurry to get me my appointment in St. Louis so we can get this tumor out and I can start my recovery process.  Knowing that my liver is 5 times the size it is supposed to be scares me.  I know that is not good and is really hard on my body.  My weight is continuing to go up also no matter how much or how little I eat.  I eat to survive and that is about it.  My taste buds are off and food doesn't taste good.  My blood pressure and blood sugar numbers are still messed up since the surgery attempt.  I don't know what they did to me while I was in the hospital, but it has screwed up all the progress I was making.

My family and friends continue to be a source of strength for me.  They are praying for me and helping me.  I am very blessed with the people I have in my life.  I will continue to pray and bother the doctors until I get the appointment and surgery and treatment that I need.  My motto is "Never, Never, Never Give Up." So, even when I am discouraged I remember my motto and carry on.

No comments: