Tuesday, July 24, 2012

So I just realized today that it is 3 days until my 40 birthday.  Amazing how time has flown.  I can guarantee that when I was a little kid my idea of turning 40 was not that I would be fighting a disease or "syndrome" like Cushing's.  My life has definately turned out a lot differently than I expected. Some differences have been good and some bad.  I feel I have come across each challenge and tried to fight and make the best of every situation.

I refuse to give up.  I may have one hell of a battle in store for myself, but I will fight and win this battle.  It is difficult sometimes.  The physical and mental challenges seem overwhelming a lot.  But I keep up and do what I can.  I have learned to slow down.  This is very difficult for me.  Also, accepting that I am not always in control and I have to just "go" with the situation sometimes is very difficult for me.  I am too much of a control freak, but I am learning.  I have also accepted that things don't have to be as clean as I would like them to be sometimes. 

I look forward to the time when I can do things as I want to and have them "my" way again.  But until then, I will accept things as they are and know that it will be ok.  I'm hoping that my next 40 years are filled with many great and joyous activities in my life.  Graduations, weddings, more grandchildren, me finishing my education, and just life in general.  Just living my life and being able to enjoy it with those I love.  That is what I am looking forward to.

No comments: